Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the Fourth be with you, Audrey!

So many of you might know, or may not, that today is May 4th and many people correlate that with the phrase "May the Force be with you" from Star Wars. Also, today is Audrey Hepburn's birthday!! She would have been turning 85 today! Many of you might not know this, but Audrey Hepburn is my idol. I didn't know about her until I was in 7th grade though. So that was about eight years ago now, yeesh! So, I was at an art festival in my state that is always around Columbus Day weekend and they have all kinds of crafts. They have clothing, jewelry, FOOD (of course) and different bits and bobs. I usually go every year with my mom, which I did when I was in 7th grade. After we ate funnel cake we meandered into the paintings area and found a guy that did portraits. They were those big headed portraits that were made from pastels. I begged my mom to let me get it done and she unwillingly accepted. After waiting in line, the man doing the portraits asked me if I was  related to this woman named Audrey Hepburn. I had no idea who she was, but he said I looked like her. So I took the compliment and when we got home that evening my mom showed me her collectible Barbie Doll of Audrey Hepburn as Eliza Doolittle from My Fair Lady. I fell in love with Audrey and I have even written school reports on her! She is an amazing woman, from her life growing up during World War II and her final days with UNICEF.
Unlike most Audrey Hepburn fans, my favorite movie of hers is not Breakfast at Tiffany's. I do like the movie, but I hate how she lets her cat go towards the end. I know that may seem silly but I love cats haha. I have not watched many of her movies besides Breakfast at Tiffany's, My Fair Lady, Sabrina and Paris When It Sizzles but I am hoping to watch them all! My favorite is Paris When It Sizzles. I think it will always be my favorite! I just love the story line so much I wish I could live it. I wish I could be like her with guys though. Just ignoring them and them coming to you instead of the other way around. I admire her character so much. I probably will get a tattoo of her some day or a quote or something. She's such an inspiring woman and I hope to be like her some day!
Xx
.


Paris When It Sizzles, of course ;)

I found all the images on Pinterest by searching her name! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment